Monday 30 April 2012

Dark Shadows

Just a quick post, as I'm about to clean out my linen closet in anticipation of my Yard Sale! (Seriously, if you don't hear back from me by tomorrow, someone send a search and rescue team. A hot search and rescue team.) It was an odd weekend, this one! I was invited to a gospel show at a Baptist church and thought since I'd probably not get another opportunity to go to one, I'd check it out. My friend T and my cousin Saucy Miss Scarlet and I went together (despite the concerns of some friends that I may burst into flames upon entering a church.) The choir and their band was great! (Wah-wah peddles at church?!) I won't get into the set played by the amateur religious rock band, which was at least mercifully short....maybe there IS a God. We made it out after the show with no incendiary instances, had a snack at Stella's and popped by work (Prairie Sky Books) to take a photo of my latest window display. What, did you think I only decorated at home?  Warner Brothers was kind enough to send us passes to the advance screening of Dark Shadows next week (there are definite perks to my job!) and we are awfully excited! In appreciation for the passes and because of my undying love for Johnny Depp and Tim Burton, I cobbled together a goofily macabre, vampy window display. Hope you like it. And I hope you'll go see the movie!



No comments:

Post a Comment