Thursday 3 May 2012

Wallpaper!

I was hanging out with my little cousins a few days ago, blowing their minds by making them watch Labyrinth.  I've seen that movie 100 times (I don't think that's an exaggeration) and I never really paid attention to the wallpaper, probably because I was too distracted by David Bowie's junk. (Seriously, WTF is up with that?) But this time I noticed the William Morris-esque wallpaper in Sarah's house, and my thoughts turned to decorating. Then I had a dream that I was wallpapering over a window, and then I figured "Blog Post!"

I've never had wallpaper (that wasn't 50 years old and painted over by generations of renters) because I figured I had too much art work to put on patterned walls and the paper and the art would detract from each other. But maybe there'll be space in my next house? If there is, I will hire someone to put it up. I'm awfully crafty, but when we moved into our house I did buy some paint-able, embossed, polka-dotty wallpaper from the Debbie Travis line and things did not go well. Words to the wise: Don't try to wallpaper by yourself. Or with my husband. Had we been married at the time, we may have been divorced by the time the wallpaper paste dried.

Here are some great wallcoverings that might be worth the aggravation! But first....

Honestly...what the fuck?

William Morris design. 

William Morris.

William Morris.

William Morris.

And another William Morris. These papers and similar are available here.

Greta Jade by Villa Nova.

Close up of Bengale toile by Manuel Canovas.

Saw this Schumacher wallpaper on an episode of Sarah's House, where she used it to grand effect in a powder room.

Love this tree print by Lee Jofa.

Knowing as you do my infatuation with the macabre, you'd know I couldn't end this post without showing you this  graphic skull print available at Designer Wallcoverings.









1 comment:

  1. ALways giving me something to think about and to want...now...in my house now! I love the birds.
    And Will's - how nice.

    My sister would love the skullies.

    ReplyDelete