Thursday 12 April 2012

The Taming of the Kitchen

I know, I know, I'm all talk and no action! Actually, I'm all talk and no money, but as soon as that situation is remedied, I'll start on the "normalizing" of my bathroom, then move on to taming my kitchen! I know to stage the house I'm supposed to paint everything blargh, I mean...cream, and I will...mostly. But what do you think of painting the kitchen cabinets grey, and the walls sage? Both of which would work well with the slate floor, and add a lot more interest. Let me know what you think of my inspiration photos.

Slate floor

Our appliances

My sink area. (Our dishwasher is installed underneath.)

I love the grey shade of the cabinets...

...and the colour of these cabinets is what I was thinking for the walls.

I've got two of these open shelving units installed in the kitchen. One is vertical and the other is horizontal. They look better in person.

I'm thinking of this Corian countertop to replace my butcher block counter.

So sharp...

I've these Grundtal shelves from IKEA in the kitchen. I still love 'em!


Thinking about adding these spotlights, to complement the existing stainless steel overhead light.

Love the vintage feel of these cup pulls, but may just stick with my basic brushed nickel drawer pulls in the built-in pantry.

But I might get a bit fancier for the cabinet door knobs.

This lurvely toile fabric could make a nice curtain for the window, or for the open space under the sink.

Chic linen tea towel!

1 comment:

  1. The metal floral tiles ARE super sharp! Clearly meant for your new home.

    The grey cabinets look kind of sagey green to me ... but maybe it's just the warm lighting? I like the idea of not painting everything blargh. It'll save the new owners from having to repaint everything which is an attractive selling point.

    ReplyDelete