Saturday 21 April 2012

Chairs!

After my last post about the Pasha chair, I started thinking about how I have a bit of a chair fetish. I could write a whole blog about 'em! But I'll just stick with one heavy-on-the-photos-post. Man,  I LOVE chairs! Sitting is AWESOME! Hope you enjoy these picks. You and your ass can thank me (or curse me) later.

The Skull resin chair by Pool UK. Just a concept piece, not mass produced.

A classic! The Louis Ghost chair by Philippe Starck.

Another Starck, the Mademoiselle chair.


The Eero Saarinen Tulip Chair.

Another Saarinen classic, the Ball Chair.

And the hanging Bubble version.

The Arne Jacobsen Egg Chair.

The Eames moulded plywood lounge chair for Herman Miller.

I see these all over Mexico, and would love to bring one home...alternatively you could by the Acapulco chair.

I've always called these banana chairs, and found one once at a yard sale for $50...then left it on my balcony, cuz I was too lazy to unscrew it from the roof. You can find similar chairs here, or try your luck yard-saleing.

While I don't really like leather furniture, I do love traditional equipale  chairs from  Mexico.  These ones are often made from pig leather...ewww, bacon-y. You can find similar ones here.

Once again, the Pasha chair, by Pedrali.

I've always loved round settees! I'd look on ebay, or in antique stores for a similar one,  but if you've got an extra 9 grand lying around, you could try Windsor Smith for a similar piece.

I know I said I don't like leather furniture, but you might! And this Safari Camp chair by Ralph Lauren is so beautiful.

Loving this new Reclaimed Boat Chair from Anthropologie.

The Opera chair by Casmidy.

The Skeleton Chair by Michael Aram

Suzani print chair from Graham and Green.


If you like these chairs, you may enjoy the book 1000 Chairs, by Taschen.









2 comments:

  1. Round settees are my new favourite thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of want one! But then, I'm a girl with a lot of wants!

    ReplyDelete