Thursday 5 April 2012

Monochromatic

I apologize for being an absentee blogger as of late. I still don't have a new Mac, cuz my computer guy thinks that the next generation of Macs are going to be released next week! (I, of all people, have absolutely no concept of whether this is the case, but I'm willing to wait a little longer.) The nerds over here at the Mac Rumors forum also suggest waiting. I'm dying a little inside, but we'll see how it all turns out.

Just because I've been computer-less at home doesn't mean I haven't been thinking of you...I hope you'll enjoy this batch of photos of colourful rooms. And in this case, by "colourful" I mean predominantly one colour, with lots of hits of white to help move the eye around, and monochromatic schemes in some cases. I even included beige! Beige! Perish the thought.

Your basic colour wheel.

White and serene...

...to moody and black.

Another black beauty.

Gorgeous and grey.

Beige! Beige! Beige. (I did it!)

A glossy chocolate brown.

Now we're talking my language...purple on purple!

I want to just sink right into that couch. Cleaning the cat hair off it can be someone else's job.

A teal dining room.

A turquoise bedroom would be nice to wake up to!

Green on green...and a little Picasso never hurts. My grandparents had a Picasso print of a dove when I was growing up. It was a simple line drawing and I once asked my grandpa who drew it. He said "I did!" I thought well, it's pretty simple, but not bad for a farmer! I completely believed he drew it until I was about 16.  I was a very gullible child.

Limey!

A charming yellow bedroom.

Open concept orange!

Red sari bedroom.

That is really, really pink.



1 comment:

  1. When I get my own place I want at least one room that's monochromatic! I LOVE the white room but it's so unpractical if you're me.

    ReplyDelete