Monday 23 April 2012

The Great Purge of 2012

Steady, now. I'm going to do it. I'm about to start the Great Purge of 2012.
Some of y'all know that I'm planning a yard sale, and I intend to get rid of a LOT of stuff. And what better place to start than my studio? I figure if I start huge (the biggest room with the most stuff in it) it can only get easier from there. I'm a little scared of the time it's gonna take, plus I'm going to have to be very firm with myself. Am I ever really going to use two industrial paper-cutters, a 10 pound box of ugly wood beads or a bag of dolls heads? (Wait! I used those when I sewed a whole bunch of 'em onto the hem of a shirt for my Lady Gaga Halloween costume...) Wish me luck. It's about to get real up in here...


UPDATE: I cleared out one shelving unit in 3 hours. 2 big tubs for the yard sale, though! I was very strict with myself. Time to do another hours worth. I can't believe I thought I'd finish the whole room today!
UPDATE #2: It's two days later. I've filled almost 5 72-litre bins with stuff, just from the studio! I also pulled 100 dvds off the shelves and sorted through and priced all the jewelry I'm saying adios to. And I just threw out a huge recycling bag full of magazine clippings, sketches, greeting cards, etc. Why was I keeping this stuff?!


No comments:

Post a Comment