Wednesday 29 February 2012

Home Library.

You may have read in my Dream House post about how I'd like a library in our next house. We've sort of got one going on in our dining room right now, but I'd love wall-to-wall shelves in the next place. It'd be great to have all of our books together. (With the exception of my husband's comics, which need a room of their own. See: My poor indulgent husband)  The bookstore manager in me sees separate, alphabetized sections; an area for art books, lit, design...I'm getting starry-eyed just imagining it. However. Seeing as how we're not made out of money, built-in bookshelves are beyond our means. Luckily, by the time we move, IKEA will have reared her jattelik Swedish head, which means Billy bookcases will be mine for the buying. While I know that not everything at IKEA is built to stand the test of time, I love their Billy bookshelves. They're sturdy, adjustable and always in-stock, which means I can add to the ones I've already got for a cohesive feel. The price is great, too. (No, I am not an ad for IKEA, though they are welcome to pay me in lingonberries and gronsakskaka if they like.) I've been thinking for years about surrounding my bookshelves with crown moulding to give them more of a built-in feel, and I'll have to prioritize that for the next house. (Here's a link to what I'm talking about: Built-In Billy)  For now, I'll look to these pics for inspiration.

I don't condone colour-blocking books, but for some reason, I can get behind this!










1 comment:

  1. Perfect pics for inspiration...your new place will be so amazing!

    ReplyDelete